Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, June 22

Baby genius

Finn likes to dance! I LOVE it. He usually does it when somebody is singing or there is music on, but he will do it any time or if you say, "Dance, Finn!" He usually sits on his butt and rocks back and forth. I HAVE to get it on video.

We are struggling a little bit with the transition away from bottle completely. It isn't that he wants the bottle per se, he just doesn't get enough from the cup. Right now he is usually only getting a bottle when we travel or if he refuses the cup. I was told a child his age needs 17 or 18 ounces of whole milk a day. He is lucky to get 13 or 14 and with the cup, I think it is even less. I'm hoping he continues to adapt to it and drink more from the cup. This morning, he drank a whole cup (I think it was 7 or 8 ounces) when he woke up, I refilled it while he ate breakfast and he drank about half of that. So many I shouldn't worry so much and just let him figure it out. Plus, he eats whole milk yogurt almost every day, so that would add to his daily fat/dairy total (and it isn't like he is wasting away!).

I think Finn is figuring out how to put appropriate things in the right holes! We have these foam blocks and the other day while playing, he picked up a cylinder and a block with a round hole and put the cylinder in the hole and pushed it through! I've also noticed him trying to put number/letters in a different toy, but they are so shape specific that even if you get the right one, you have to have it lined up just perfectly and then he gets frustrated. I'll mention it to his EI teacher tomorrow AM to see what she thinks. I, of course, think he is a genius ;)

No comments: