Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, May 14

What a cry baby

Finn and I had PT yesterday morning. We did the treadmill therapy again, but this time, they wanted to put him in a harness so it is easier to manipulate his movements (he does the work, they shift his body for him). Well, she got the harness, tried to put it on him, and it was too big. This caught me completely off guard. I know Finn is still small, but I feel like size-wise, he is in the "normal baby" size now, just small for his age. They made the harness work, but it kept slipping up and while Finn did the best he has so far on the treadmill, he was uncomfortable and if it had fit, he would have done much better.

Well, we went home, napped, had lunch and then went to Preemie class. We talked about fine motor skills, which was good. The whole time, the incident at PT was bothering me and I knew these people would understand better than any others, so I mentioned it when we "checked in." And out of nowhere, I just started bawling. I talked it out and they were all supportive and I think the issue was that I was caught off guard. When I go to the doctor's office, I am prepared and KNOW that he will be around the 3% for height and weight. When we do PT, I KNOW he isn't crawling or walking or standing or all of that stuff. I guess I just wasn't expecting this. I just want him to be beyond issues like these...I mean, it isn't like he is a 5 pound peanut like when he came home from the hospital! I felt better after discussing it. I guess I might have more emotions about this whole experience than I've really allowed myself to feel or acknowledge.

Grandma came last night! She is going to help me "clean" out the garage. I don't have high hopes for finishing, but we have to start some where and our garage is a massive dumping ground. The funny thing is, over half the shelves are empty! So organizing, throwing away, cleaning up is the name of the game today and maybe tomorrow!

No comments: