Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, May 11

We're baaaa-ack

We arrived back home yesterday at 3pm. We were all happy to be home. Finn cried the whole way home from the airport, but not at all during the flight. I will take that exchange for sure. As it turned out, he was a little constipated and his infant seat angle somewhat prevents him from going. So we took care of that and he took a nap for THREE hours! Do you think somebody was happy to be home and in his own bed? Then he and I played while daddy napped, daddy got up to help with bath time (these stupid cotton balls and vaseline do NOT work to prevent water in his ears!) and then we moved the crib mattress down. It was a process I thought would take 5 minutes, but ended up taking about 30. Oh, well. Finn is safe and sound in his crib and I'm not sure how I'm going to lift him out! Good thing we have a moveable side.

The trip was fabulous, minus the weather. It was cold, windy and rainy on Saturday and just cool and windy on Sunday. We got up Saturday AM after staying in a marvelous suite at the Marriott in downtown Chicago. We met the Sester family in South Bend, IN for lunch and then we all headed over to Notre Dame. I was so excited for this. I have always been facinated with Notre Dame and couldn't wait to see it. The bookstore was humongous (Jim needed to buy a sweatshirt because he hadn't brought any long sleeves with him!). My godson John had been there before, so he and Jim navigated the campus for us. It is massive (puts lil' ol' St. Thomas to shame!) and I love all the history.

After Notre Dame, we parted ways with Sesters for the day so we could check into our hotel and thaw out a bit. The Marriott in South Bend was awful, so we changed our reservation to the Residents Inn. LOVED this place...even had a fire place and a loft area for Finn to sleep in. Sunday we headed to John's school for his confirmation. It was a lovely ceremony...I can't believe John is old enough for confirmation! Where did my little man go? Finn decided he did not want to be in church, so Jim took him out for about 90% of the service. We had brunch there and then we headed back to Chicago (lots of driving this trip!).

Sunday night we stayed at the Hyatt Regency, which we've stayed at before and were able to get adjoining rooms! We were very luck with our hotel accommodations for this trip. They have The Big Bar in the hotel, so the three of us went there so I could get a Mother's Day drink...a mango margarita...yumm-o! Side note: did you know you can bring a baby into a bar, but not sit AT the bar? Maybe that is only in Chicago, but I found that interesting.

Monday, Jim had a meeting and left the hotel at 7:30am, leaving Finn and I to get to the airport by ourselves. Luckily, it was very easy to get to Midway from the hotel and returning the car was simple. Jim had a conference call before we checked in. We checked in, got through security with little problems (now that I'm an expert...ha, ha!), had a beer and got on the plane. The flight was overbooked, so I could not bring the car seat on (boo!). Finn was a rock star, though. He was tired and fidgety (and of course would not sleep!), but overall, a very good flyer.

Glad we took the trip and happy to be home again! I will try to download pictures today some time.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

Glad you guys had fun and got home safe and happy! Love you lots!