Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, May 18

Shoot some hoops?

Sunday mom and I took Austin and Finn to church. Finn's track record at church is not so good, but I think I've found the magic remedy...Austin! Finn was great all through church with Austin there to distract him. Although, Finn also woke up 5 minutes before we left for church, so he wasn't tired, either, which I'm sure obviously helped. I'd like to be able to take him to church with me every week...maybe it is one of those things that the more you do it, the better he will be. Hmmm...

After church mom left, Becky picked Austin up and we headed over to my friend Jess's for lunch. It was a great afternoon. Finn loved their toys and loved playing with Ella (5 years old). We had grilled hamburgers for lunch which were great. Hope we can do it again soon! I have to share what happened after we left: Ethan (8 years old) said to Jess, “Mommy, I wish Finn was our baby. He’s so cute. Was he born with those chubby cheeks?" Obviously, I thought it was adorable! The beautiful things kids say.

Yesterday was my favorite person, Erica's birthday! Happy birthday, love! I meant to call and sing to you, but the day got away from me (as they usually do!). Hope you had a fabulous day.

Yesterday, we went to the twin's house and played for a while and then we got to go see their new house! Holy cows, batman! It is a beautiful house with tons and tons of space. I totally love it and asked if we could move in. The neighborhood is absolutely perfect, which is something I'm obviously jealous of! I couldn't be happier for them (and the twins will get their own rooms...maybe mom will get more sleep!).

Last night, Finn got to go to daddy's basketball game for the first time (at least I think it was the first time). Auntie Becca and Austin were there, so Finn had a blast. All he wanted to do was eat Austin's french fries and play catch with Jim, which was super cute. Unfortunately, daddy was playing basketball, so he couldn't (but Austin did share his fries!). Most of the games are too late for Finn, so this is probably the only one he will make this session. Oh and Jim's team is one game away from being the league champions, which hasn't happened in a really long time.

No comments: