Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, May 7

Leavin' on a jet plane

Finn and my flight leaves at 4:50 this afternoon! My godson, John, is getting confirmed on Sunday in Indiana and the three of us are going. I have a feeling/hoping the traveling will be fine for four reasons. 1. I have a bottle for the way up and the way down and upon my aunt Karen's suggestion, extra formula for "just in case." 2. I am bringing snacks along for in between the bottles if necessary. 3. Everything about tomorrow afternoon will be new for Finn and he will be people watching and checking everything out...which I hope means occupied and happy. 4. the tubes are supposed to help a lot for flying.

The three wrenches I can see in my plan are 1. I've never traveled with an infant and we are NOT checking a bag if we can help it, but will have lots of liquids and baby stuff. 2.the possible snow...please don't let us be delayed! and 3. Finn's crabby time of day is right when we are traveling. Again, I hope the four above help off set these three! A prayer or two would be much appreciated!

Of course, things would be much easier if Jim were flying with us, but he is flying in from the east coast and meeting us in Chicago. The nice thing is that, as long as both flights are on time, they get in at the same time. So I will have help getting out of the airport and to the hotel! Yay. Jim ended up having business in Chicago this coming Monday, so we are staying until Monday instead of hurrying to get back on Sunday night. I think it will be a little more relaxing for all of us AND Jim will be flying with us on Monday. Another yay!

A huge thank you to Aunt Kelsie for picking us up and dropping us off at the airport! Doesn't make sense to pay for airport parking for both of our cars!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

prayers coming your way. How nice that you can go out and about now with less worry

Love,
DeAnn

Stacy Thomas said...

Agreed! Although I have to admit I have a pack of chlorox wipes with me!

Janelle said...

Yeah! iF you want to get together on Monday during Jim's meeting and have a play date out in the burbs after hotel checkout-- let me know!