Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, May 6

It's time

I mentioned to Jim awhile ago that we should probably preemptively move the crib mattress down. Finn isn't pulling up yet but it is better to be safe than sorry. WELL...this was munchkin yesterday morning when I went in to get him:

This was a first for him. He still isn't pulling up, but is pretty close to regularly sitting up and the bars aren't much taller than he is when he is sitting. While it was kind of scary, as you can tell, I still had to run and grab the camera! Naughty mommy (he wasn't in any immediate danger of falling out or even getting close to it because as you can tell, he was too mad to move!). Oh, and I gave him his bottle which is what he wanted! We will be moving the mattress down as soon as we (i.e. daddy!) gets back on Monday!

Another item we haven't done yet, but it is time to:

Yup, putting cabinet locks on! And of course, he had to go for the under sink cabinet with the dangerous stuff in it! How do kids just know that? I did tell him "danger" and "stop" and he did, but I'm sure that won't last for long and once he is more mobile, I'd like to have the added security. I can't watch him every second of every day.

I guess these are two more steps away from babyhood...he has been taking a lot of these "steps" lately! Does that mean he isn't my baby any more? Boo. I refuse to call him a "toddler" until he is toddling.

No comments: