Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, May 12

Hello, nurse!

Finn and I had a great day yesterday. We had lunch with Amanda and Taylor at Panera (I still had to get her the Pampered Chef stuff she ordered...oops!)! It is one of my favorite places, but since Jim doesn't like sandwiches, I only get to go there with Amanda or one of my sisters. I tried their new Cuban Chicken Panini, which was awesome. Finn loved watching Taylor (six years old) "practice" her ballet. He even said "Tay Tay" once, which I think made her day.

After lunch we headed over to Woodbury to see Finn's NICU nurse Lisa! She is in town on vacation and had some extra time yesterday afternoon. This was the first time she has seen Finn since he was in the hospital. Finn had a blast (she has a 3 year old and a 2 month old, so there was plenty of toys to play with!). I forgot to take pictures, but am hoping she will be able to email them to me. She is an amazing person. Maybe she'll move back when we have #2 just in case we're in the NICU again. Hmmm...

Here are some pictures from our trip to Chicago/IN for my godson John's confirmation. The lady next to us on the flight to Chicago took a picture of Finn and me (not the best picture, but at least I was in one!)


This is John and Finn at John's confirmation brunch (Jim and Todd are in the background). I love this picture of my boys.


The Monster sleeps! Finn was very tired and crabby during the confirmation, but of course would not go to sleep. So during brunch, Jim grabbed the car seat and Finn FINALLY took a much needed short nap. He looks so peaceful (looks are deceiving!).

2 comments:

KBettermann said...

I loved the Cuban panini at Panera!!!! They used to have it a few years ago. I'm so excited that it is back even if it is a chicken version (which is much healthier). Horray! Want to go to Panera?

Stacy Thomas said...

Any time, you know that! Is there one by your work? Finn and I could meet you one day for lunch.