Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, May 24

Happy belated bday, daddy!

In honor of his birthday, daddy took Thursday PM and all of Friday off from work. He joined us at Preemie class on Thursday, which was a fun treat for Finn (and the other dad that goes regularly!). Friday, I got to watch Austin, which was a blast (I forget how much fun it is to have him around during the day!). Finn, Austin and I headed over to the twins' house in the AM so their mom could go get a pedicure for her birthday (hey, it is the small things in life, right?!?!). Austin and Maia had a blast and everybody was very well behaved.

I'm not sure what we did the rest of the day, probably getting ready for Saturday, but it sure was nice having daddy around. Saturday was daddy's birthday! I like it when daddy has his birthday because then I'm no longer "old" since Jim turns my age (I'm four months and 13 days older than him). We had our last swim class in the morning. We decided not to sign up for summer classes, since we have a pool and a hot tub (which Finn can go in if Jim lowers the temp), there are two city pools within walking distance and hello...we live in the land of 10,000 lakes! I think Finn will be fine.

It decided to POUR in the morning, which concerned us since we were having people over to grill in the evening for Jim's birthday. But in true MN fashion, it cleared up and ended up being a beautiful afternoon and evening (albeit a little windy). Thank you to everybody who came. I know Jim appreciated it and had a great time.

Jim requested a German Chocolate Cake for his birthday. Two things: 1. I've never made a German Chocolate cake before AND 2. of course, it had to be Gram's recipe. So I got the recipe from DeAnn, made the cake and...it turned out! Or at least that is what the Thomas clan said, so I'll take it (they would be the best judge of Gram's cooking/baking skills).The one thing I will do differently next time is to frost the cake when the frosting is a little warmer. It didn't drip elegantly down the sides like it was supposed to because I waited until it was completely cool. Hey, I didn't know...and at least it didn't affect the taste!

Sunday, Finn got another hair cut. It is shorter than the first one. It looks so light when it is this short...I miss my dark brown haired boy! Perfect for summer and now it can grow out a bit before he needs another one. Mommy and Finn did much better for this one. Auntie NaeNae did it while I was at church Sunday morning, so I wasn't even there! She said Finn just sat there like a stone the whole time. Nick said it was like he just froze with his arms halfway in the air. Too funny. Thanks Auntie NaeNae!

Later in the day, we went to Jim's cousin, Ann's, senior voice/singing recital. She is an amazing singer...and it doesn't even look like she is trying very hard! We were a little nervous about how Finn would do, but he was perfect! It helps that he likes music AND there were people around us to keep him entertained.

Oh, and we broke down and finally turned the A/C on Sunday. It was just too muggy. Sleeping last night was much more pleasant than Saturday night.

1 comment:

Nicki said...

german chocolate is my FAVORITE in the WORLD!! byerly's has evil german chocolate brownies...OMG they are sooooooooooo good. :o)