Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Wednesday, May 5

Chomp chomp

I don't think I mentioned that Finn has SEVEN chompers! After his front four teeth came in, I stopped checking (because they were sharp and he likes to chomp down). Well, he got my thumb good a couple weeks ago at swimming when I tried to check, but I was able to look in there a few days ago and he has three more teeth that are already through the gums and big! Four on top and three on bottom. No wonder he has been cranky lately (between teeth and ears, who could blame him?!?!).

Yesterday morning we went to play at the twins' house. Juliette likes to climb on Finn and yesterday, she kept giving him kisses all over his face! So cute. I didn't have my camera, though. Darn it. While I don't think he minded the kisses, he kept trying to inch away from her. I guess he is playing hard to get!

Finn took a 3 plus hour nap when we got home (must have tuckered him out!). Then we went over to Auntie Becca's for dinner and some more play time. We didn't leave until after 8:30 (and he didn't fall asleep on the way home!), so Finn had two late nights in a row, but he didn't seem to mind. He slept in yesterday and this morning, so he is getting plenty of sleep.

I decided to cancel Finn's pictures for this Friday. The point of the pictures is to see his physical and developmental changes and he still isn't crawling and other than his hair, I don't think he looks THAT different from his one year pictures. I thought for sure when I made the appointment a month ago that he would be fully crawling by now. Plus, I put him on the grass on Monday and he freaked and I'd like at least some outside pictures the next time around. I just started to feel like I was having these pictures just for the sake of having pictures instead of "meaning" something. Jessica is wonderful and flexible, which I greatly appreciate. So, we are going to reschedule for the beginning of July. If he isn't crawling by then, not sure if I'll still have my sanity (wait...do I have it now?!?!).

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

No comments: