Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, April 23

You crack me up

Finn has had a tough couple days. I don't know if it is his ears or if he has growing pains or if he is just crabby. But I hate not giving him Mortin. Jim came home last night, so I got a little break (and some companionship!). Sadly, I'm actually getting used to being a single mom during the week. Earlier in the week, I talked to Jim about him traveling so much, and he said it will get better in about three months! What?!?! Yikes.

Finn knows how to "tell" a joke! As you all know "Austin" was his first word. Well, he can now say "Auntie" as well, but it sounds a lot like "Austin." My sisters have been trying to get him to say "Auntie." Now, Finn looks straight at them and says, "Austin." And then laughs and thinks he is so funny! I love it. Of course, he thinks everything he does it pretty funny and has a little chuckle he does (different from when he actually laughs), like "ha, ha, ha." What a goof!

He must have just discovered his tongue. He sticks it out constantly. I think it looks cute, but Jim thinks it makes him look like he has a few screws loose! Whatever! Of course, I haven't been able to catch it on camera yet. He stops every time I take the camera out. Little bugger....I'll get it eventually!

I forgot to mention that Finn and I got to go to Psycho Suzi's again this week! It was our friend, Leah's birthday on Tuesday and she celebrated with happy hour at Psycho's on Wednesday. I thought it was very thoughtful to have it right down the street from our house so it was easy to get Finn there! Ha, ha. It was a tad chilly, but I had bundled Finn up, so he was fine. And he was the center of attention as well (Sorry Leah, hope he didn't steal your thunder!). A yummy tiki drink and red rockets for mommy!

We had our first Preemie class today. I have to admit, it is really weird being there with an older kid. I think I'm dealing better with having a preemie because things just don't seem so "urgent" to me. Not sure if I'm explaining it right. Anyway, there was a baby who was 13 weeks old (7 adjusted) there! So tiny and so cute. I could have just put him in my pocket and brought him home with me...but I didn't, don't worry! It makes me realize that I have no idea how small Finn actually was any more...because this baby looked ridiculously small and he was TEN POUNDS! Yikes.

Speaking of small and cute, we are off to see our favorite twins today! Can't wait to see their house all staged and ready for showings!

No comments: