Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, April 19

THANK YOU

Thank you just doesn't even come close to the gratitude we feel towards all of our wonderful family and friends. I hope that capitalizing it makes it seem bigger and more important some how! This was a huge day for me (I know I should say "Finn") but something lifted off my shoulders. I feel like maybe I can start feeling like a "normal" parent now instead of a parent of a preemie. I know there is no such thing as "normal" and Finn has a long way to go to "catch up" still, but I feel like a new person and a new mom. God continues to amaze me with all of His blessings and the people with which He has surrounded us. None of you will ever truly know how much your support has carried and lifted us through the last year and few months. With tears in my eyes, again I say, "THANK YOU!"

Okay, on to the birthday celebration and pictures (which is what all of you want anyway!). Everything could not have been more perfect. The weather was perfect, Finn napped at the perfect times and was happy and tolerated everything well, we had an amazing turn out and must be the most blessed people ever. The only things I forgot were 1. ice cream for the cake (boo, I like ice cream with cake!) and 2. to wrap and give Finn his presents from us (oops!). Neither one was a big deal, so I call it a success! Oh and I locked my keys in my car when picking up the balloons, which sucked, but since the party place was close to home, Jim came to my rescue.

I think you'll agree that the cake was AMAZING! Auntie Kristine out did herself this time!Everything on the plate is cake or fondant (except the candle and two dowels for structural support!). I don't know how she does it. Finn loved it when he saw it (as did everybody for the matter). I think it was the show stopper.

Finn wasn't too sure what to do right away when we put the cake in front of him, but quickly figured it out and made quite a dent in it. He loved the chocolate cake (no surprise there!).

He doesn't look too messy in these pictures, but he managed to get yellow frosting and chocolate cake all over himself and his clothes. So after a quick sponge bath upstairs and a wardrobe change, we moved on to opening presents.

Holy presents, Batman! Everybody was very very generous to our little boy. He got so much stuff, I don't think he will be able to use or play with everything he got in a year (well, maybe Austin can help him!).Finn got the concept of ripping the wrapping paper a lot better than he did this winter. The only problem was that he wanted to open and play with each present and forget about opening the rest! We were able to divert his attention and move things along. We had lots of little helpers, too! Finn is one very lucky boy to have so many people who love him.

We have one more major thing to mention, but I'll wait until tomorrow! Hee, hee.

6 comments:

Pam said...

Awesome cake! Happy b-day!! :)

KBettermann said...

What the heck?!?!? Wait until tomorrow? -Auntie Kristine

Stacy Thomas said...

You probably know what it is, Kristine, if you think about it!

Anonymous said...

Great party with lots of good people.

Grandpa Ron

Nikki said...

Looks like Finn had an awesome party! Very cute cake.

Sasha said...

I cannot believe I did not get on here on his big day or call you! I am SO SORRY!! Where was my head at! YIKES! Looks llike you guys had lots of fun and the cake looked OUUTSTANDING!!! Auntie Kristin really did an amazing job, I had no idea you could do that Kristine!! VERY cool!! Love you lots Stacy! Give my bestie my...best...haha :) I miss you guys alot! MWAH