Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, April 29

Sitting up some time soon?

We had EI on Tuesday. I mentioned while we were "playing" that I thought Finn's feet looked kind of flat. I had never noticed it before, but just happened to notice. Well, she said that she's been watching it and hopes that the more he stands the better it gets! Um, hello! If you have something you are "watching" with my kid, could you please mention it to me? I mean, this isn't a big deal, but I'd like to know. She said that if it doesn't correct itself, there are shoes we can try that help with it. Not a big deal, just another observation.

We had ECFE class yesterday afternoon. We were late because Finn decided he would rather sleep and who was I to argue? He is so mobile now! He scooted/inches his way all around the room during play time. It is so good to see and I am very glad he has such a healthy attachment to me that he is comfortable moving away and knowing I'll be there when he comes back (or rather, I go to get him because he got into something he shouldn't!).

Then auntie Becca (to clean) and Austin (to play) came over. We played football outside and then Jim, Finn, Austin and I walked to the liquor store (I don't see anything wrong with bring kids there...do you?) and then to River park where we threw rocks into the river (one of Austin's all time favorite activites). Then Jim made some super yummy homemade potatoe salad and grilled hotdogs for all of us (plus Pete) for dinner! Auntie brought home made chocolate chip cookies and Finn ate 3/4 of one. Granted they some what small, but I think we have a sweet tooth, chocolate lover on our hands! It was a great evening.

This AM we went to PT. We had a different person today. We've had her once before, but not for awhile. It is good to get a different perspective and suggestions. We worked really hard on Finn transitioning from knees or side to sitting. He is SO close to being able to do it. He was in a good mood, so that helped a lot. I think he doesn't like it when we are in the open room instead of our own room. We'll see.

This afternoon we went to Preemie class and Mr. Finnegan sat up by himself TWICE!!! I told you he is super close. I was very happy and everybody clapped for him (which he of course loved). Today there were four kids, so it was a good mix of ages and good discussion. Jane and Deb (Finn's EI teacher and PT) stopped by at different times during class (their offices are in the same school as our Preemie class). Finn loved the extra attention, but wasn't sure at first why there were there at Preemie class and didn't like when Jane helped another baby roll over.

1 comment:

kborn said...

He's growing so quick!! It's fun to see all the things he's doing. You go Finn!!

And yummy choco cookies?? I want me some of them! :)