Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, April 2

Naps are for babies, um yeah!

I got through April Fools without one prank being pulled on me! Yay. I don't like April Fool's Day because I'm such a sucker. We had PT in the morning. It was our last appt with Katie so it was a little bitter sweet. At least Finn decided to cooperate and not cry the whole time like last session. We brought her flowers because I want her to know how much we appreciate everything she has done. Finn was a super star. We worked on transitioning into and out of sitting and pulling up to standing. As with all things with Finn, if we found the right motivation, he did great; which tells me he CAN do these things, he just choses not to most of the time. Argh. I also talked to Katie about Finn's inability to self feed. She asked an occupational therapist for some quick input. The OT said that, yes, at 11 1/2 months, Finn should be self feeding, but she didn't have time to sit down and eleborate or get more details. Katie was going to talk with her and put a recommendation note in Finn's file. He may need to do the feeding clinic, at which point if he does, we will stop PT for three months. Argh...which one is better? I'm sure they will help with some input.

Then yesterday afternoon Lorry and Emma came over to play and for dinner. Lorry got a new car...a Chrysler 300C...which was AWESOME! I took it around the block and man does that thing have power. It was funny. She was showing me the features and I kept thinking, "wow, this is a lot like my car." Um duh! They are both Chryslers!

Finn's new thing this week is not taking an afternoon nap. Which would be fine with me if he didn't NEED an afternoon nap. Then he is crabby all afternoon and evening and ends up taking a nap between 6 and 6:30! Argh. Thank God it is nice out and taking a nice long walk makes him happy (at least WHILE we are walking that is!). I don't know if it is because he is still getting over the respiratory infection from two weeks ago or if he may have another ear infection or the fluid in his ears didn't go away. I just don't know. We have his 15 month (holy crap...15 months already?!?!) well-child appointment next Wednesday, so I'm hoping whatever it is can wait until then. That is one thing about Finn, I wish he would complain and show signs of distress a little more when he is in pain or hurting. He just doesn't really complain, so how do I know if it is worth a trip to the doctor. Argh!

No comments: