Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Tuesday, April 20

Gone forever

Is something different? Other than Finn's sad face in the second picture?

The major news is that my baby had his first hair cut!! Left is before and right is after (duh!). We were going to do it on Sunday, but we decided to do it after his party on Saturday. Thinking I had another day to prepare myself, I was not ready. But looking back now, I would never have been ready. Auntie NaeNae sat him down, put a cape on him and started buzzing! I got a decent sized lock for his baby book, of course.

Overall, Finn did really well...much better than I thought he would do (and better than I did at the beginning anyway!). He HATES things that vibrate...vacuum cleaner, food processor, blender, etc. And considering the clipper was going to be so near him, I thought he would freak. He wasn't too sure what was going on and Auntie got about 90% done before he started losing it. So, she stopped and then touched the rest up on Sunday morning. What a professional!

He looks so old! And so cute! I honestly love it. Washing and drying his hair last night was super easy and I didn't have to think about how it was going to dry. This is a big step away from babyhood.

Before she left on Sunday, auntie also cut mommy's hair...about 2 1/2 inches! And it is PERFECT. It JUST fits into a pony tail and she thinned the heck out of it, which I really needed. She has skills, what can I say?!?!

1 comment:

Lorry said...

Finn looks so handsome with his new-do!!!! The teary look just makes it look all the better. Emma and I had a great time at the party, she loved playing with Dylan and accidentally getting her bum wet in the Hot tub. My fav line was when she said, that boys shorts get real big!!!