Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, April 9

4? It can't be!

As usual, Finn and I have been busy bees. I like to schedule things to do when Jim is gone, but this is getting ridiculous...just kidding. I love having places to go and people to see...my cup runneth over.

We had ECFE on Wednesday afternoon. I eventually had to wake Finn up to go. I was going to let him sleep (he had gotten his shots in the morning and was pretty tired), but finally at 1:15, I woke him up since class starts at 1pm! Luckily we live about 10 minutes or less from class. I learned something new at class, which is EXACTLY why I love going. We talk about sleep, or the lack there of, all time in class. Well this week, we were talking more about sleep "schedules" and the teacher mentioned that it is very common for babies to wake up in the morning, eat and need their morning nap right away. I never knew this and couldn't figure out why Finn was crabby after being up for an hour or so. Well, now I don't "feel bad" putting him down for his morning nap a little earlier! Hmmm, who knew?!?! Sometimes you just need an expert to tell you your instincts are "right."

Yesterday Finn and I went over to visit Stacey and Dillon, who didn't have school yesterday or today. It was a great visit, as usual, but the time always goes by too fast. It must have tuckered Finn out because he fell asleep on the way home (which he normally doesn't do) and slept for two more hours when we got home! He woke up just in time for Grandma to get here! He was in heaven all night...undivided attention. Then it got even better when Grandma was still here this morning when he woke up! When I see how happy Finn is when his grandparents are here, I wish we didn't live so far from them...but we aren't moving any time soon ;)

Oh and of course a REALLY SUPER BIG happy birthday to Finn's favorite person in the whole world...Austin! My little tiny itty bitty nephew turns 4 today! Where does the time go? Wasn't Becky just pregnant? Nope, I guess not :) Grandma is spending the day with Austin today and then coming here to watch Finn tonight so Jim and I can go to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate with Austin (Austin's "real" party is tomorrow). Hope Jim's flight gets in on time!

No comments: