Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, March 1

Who is it?

I was semi-woken up this morning by pounding on the front door at 7:55am. I usually wake up around 7:30, but lay around in bed and be lazy until 8 or so. I reluctantly got up. Surprise! They were here to deliver the couch! And, yes, I was in my pj's and robe. I said we were told it would be delivered tomorrow and I would receive a call before they came...but they were here, so other than that fact that I hadn't gotten anything ready, why not just let them bring it in. So I quickly threw on some clothes and started picking up and moving things and vacuuming (which of course woke Finn up who was then hysterical). You do NOT want to see what is under and behind a couch that hasn't been moved in over two years. Yuck. I did find the phone for one of Finn's favorite toys, though!

For a small "fee" they guys even brought the old couch and love seat downstairs for me. The last thing I wanted was for it to be sitting in my dining room until Jim gets home on Friday!

It looks great and fits perfectly in the space with plenty of seating. The left picture is the view from the kitchen and the right is the view from the front entryway. It is a little higher than I'm used to and the seats are a little deeper which means my feet don't really touch the floor when I'm sitting back...but that isn't a big deal for me. I like to curl up anyway. So glad we didn't get the dark brown! Jim was right, this is much lighter. Now I just have to figure out a way to move the rug over about 8 inches. Hmmm...

Finn's EI teacher came by today. He was crabby from being so rudely woken up by the vacuum, but eventually got over that. The next "skill" we are working on is having him drop toys into a container. He can do it but it usually seems more like an accident than intentional. So I brought a mixing bowl into the living room and we put some soft blocks in it. He thought it is a new toy and just swiped at the blocks until they were all out! We also "play" handing toys back and forth. He hands it to me. I say thank you and hand it back. The other "game" he loves is, "Mommy builds a "tower" and I knock it over." I usually only get two or three stacked before he grabs for it so "tower" might be an overstatement. Keeps him entertained for a long time.

1 comment:

Stacy Thomas said...

Oh and bye bye Olympics. I didn't get to watch you as much as I'd have liked, but you will be missed. I love turning on the TV and watching some random event that you've never watched before and it being so exciting. Everything is so exciting when it is the Olympics!