Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Monday, March 22

Heat again

We have heat again! Upon a recommendation from our friend Ben, we contacted a friend of theirs yesterday to come look at the furnace. He was able to come out yesterday afternoon, which was great. Only to find that it was the FILTER! Ugh! I usually do a good job of changing them, especially through the winter, but I used the last one the last time I changed it and kept forgetting to buy more. So it got plugged. Jim said he checked that on Saturday but what do we know about filters?!?! The good thing is that the furnace is fixed and he suggested a few things that will be helpful for the future. Lesson learned, I guess. And I got a clean oven out of the deal!

Saturday was our first swim class of the new session. Our last session only had four kids in it, so this class is double the size (not that 8 is big, just bigger than we're used to). Finn is working on blowing bubbles; he sometimes "gets" it and sometimes doesn't. He is getting really good at kicking and reaching and pulling. Saturday evening, we went over to Stacey and Sam's for dinner, drinks and games. It was a great evening. I don't know why we wait so long between visits. Okay, I do know why because life is busy when you have a family, but still! We better put the next one of the calendar now.

Yesterday we stayed pretty close to home and took a walk in the late afternoon. Finn just LOVES walks, so I'm really glad we are able to do it again now that the weather is getting nicer and it isn't dark at 4:30 any more. Plus, I love the family time. No interruptions. Just walking and talking.

Jim got me watching "16 and Pregnant" last night. It is a show on MTV that follows a teenage girl through her pregnancy and shortly thereafter. The show usually just makes me mad, but last night, one episode was so different from the others. Jim came in the house from starting the grill and I was bawling my eyes out. The girl chose adoption, which was wonderful and probably the right decision for the baby. But seeing her with the baby and handing him over to his new mom...I just couldn't take it. It was very powerful. And then when the episode was over, I couldn't believe a show on MTV made me cry that much!

No comments: