Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, March 5

Something's missing!

Something is missing from this picture. Can you guess what it is? Yup, Finn's helmet! He is done wearing it FOREVER! I know, I'm just as surprised as you are (he was on his 9th week wearing it). We went to PT yesterday, which is when they do the helmet adjustments, and the guy examined him and said his head is well within "normal limits" and if I was okay with it, Finn didn't need it any more! Um, yeah! I wasn't prepare for it, but am so happy this whole experience went so smoothly and was so easy. If I had known it was going to be like this when we were agonizing over the decision, I wouldn't have worried so much. The next few days will be interesting when it comes to bonking his head. I'm sure we'll see a few extra tears as he gets used to not having the extra protection. Now I just have to remember he doesn't have it on when I'm carrying him ;)

We stopped at the car dealer yesterday after PT to get some dents and scratches removed from my car. It was our first outing without the helmet and a few of the ladies stopped by to talk/look at him while we waited. I felt NORMAL! Other than still having to say his adjusted age instead of his actual age, I felt like a normal mom with a normal baby. And from a germ point of view, I even let him sit on the floor and dig through the diaper bag (the carpet wasn't nasty and he wasn't really touching it anyway). That was a first for him AND me! I just had to stop for a second and take a big sigh. It was a nice feeling. Dare I say that the thick bubble surrounding him is getting thinner?

I watched Grace yesterday and today and she even stayed over night last night. It is nice to have her around because there is always something to do! Oh and Jim came home last night around 1am a day early. We are planning on making a "grandparents' voyage" this weekend starting tonight. Agenda: driving to Ortonville Fri PM, spending time with grandparents Thomas Saturday, driving to Murdock Sat PM, spending time with grandma Kathy Sunday, driving back to the Cities in time for Emma's birthday party at 4pm on Sunday. Crazy busy, I know. But we don't make it back very often and it just seemed to work this weekend. I know Finn will be on attention overload by Sunday night, but that is what grandparents are for, right?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

yay! that must be nice to be done with the helmet. looking forward to seeing you guys next week :)