Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, March 4

More more more

Finn can sign "more!" He has been doing it for a few days, but he doesn't do it every time yet. But when he does, he is so proud of himself and it is adorable. Like, "I just told Mom what I wanted!" (and now I better get more food!) I should get it on video before it becomes "old hat" to him. He can also wave hello and bye bye. He can give me kisses somewhat on demand, but I think he likes to pretend he doesn't know how sometimes because then he gets a reaction out of me ("You're so naughty, momma wants a kiss!"). We are just starting to work on having him blow kisses, which would be super cute. I think I've mentioned this before, but he understands but doesn't do the signs for milk (which is really for his bottle), all done (but he doesn't like that one for obvious reasons!), bath, ni-night (which is really the sign for sleep, I think or vise versa) and eat. Those are really the only ones we do regularly with him. We do "thank you" some times. I'd like to start doing that one more and also "please." We don't sign "momma" and "dadda" any more because he can say them, so we didn't really see the point.

We had a great afternoon and evening yesterday. Austin and auntie Becca came over...well need I say more? Finn loved it. I took the boys to Target for a while, and since Finn was refusing to take a nap (me thinks he wanted to play instead?!?), it was a good distraction and both boys were fantastic. Apparently the funniest thing in the world is when Austin "bangs" his head on something. Finn laughs hysterically and if you know how stingy Finn is with giggles, that is saying something. Austin also LOVES our basement because it is kind of a big play space perfect for a little boy. So we played "bomb each other with the nerf football over the couch and love seat." Man, he tired me out. Then Becky made a great chicken dinner and finally it was time for Finn's bed time and for them to go home. I'm so glad Austin (and Becky when she isn't cleaning!) comes over every Wednesday!

No comments: