Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, March 5

Grizzly Adams Pee boy

On an almost equally happy note as being done with his helmet, Finn hasn't wet through his night time diaper in several days! It has been a constant and consistent problem since forever, it seems. We stopped giving him the evening num nums (juice, vitamins, etc) a few weeks ago, which was about 2 ounces. Then it just hit me the other night, I could give him less water volume but not take his bedtime bottle away completely. So I put the same amount of formula in, but reduced the water (I had been watering it down a little anyway) by about three ounces. So far, it has worked! I really hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying anything, but as any of you who have cleaned up the insides of a diaper (you know, the sticky, jelly ball things that just won't come off), you'll understand my joy. Not to mention, I'll have to wash his sheets less often and you all know how much I HATE changing crib sheets!

Jim wants to get Finn's hair cut! I am not ready yet and really want to wait at least until after his adjusted one year birthday (6 weeks away!), but I really want to wait until after his next set of pictures. Well, now that the helmet is gone, his long hair is much more noticeable and I have a feeling that Jim won't be nearly as patient as he had been. Darn! It is just super long in front. The sides and back are a normal length still. I'm going to hold out as long as I can! Once you cut it, they never look like a baby again and I'm not ready for him to look like a toddler yet. My baby is growing up.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

oh, the nighttime diaper fiasco. glad that seems to be working for you! we are now putting pull ups on her at night.. well actually pampers calls them "easy ups". and they work WONDERS. We've been using them for a month and she never ever pees through them anymore. granted, they are HUGE in the morning. but they never get the little ball things and she never wets through! She started wetting through the extra protection 4's. so now she's in easy ups in 4's. Just an idea for you if he starts wetting through again! :)

I can't wait for Jaleah's hair to start growing more, but I have a feeling I'd be in the same boat as you if she was a boy. They definitely don't look like babies anymore after that first haircut :(