Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Friday, March 12

Busy bees

Who has time for a job? We've been so busy, I haven't had time to blog. Shame on me, I know!

Wednesday afternoon we had our first ECFE class of the spring. There were 8 babies there, which is more than I'm used to. Jim joined us since he was heading out for a business trip right after. I kind of feel bad because the two main issues that the other moms brought up were sleeping and eating...two things we do NOT have problems with! We were supposed to go around, introduces ourselves and tell some recent challenges we've had. When it got to our turn, I said, " This is Finn and, um, we don't have any challenges right now!" Honestly, he is so good. I guess I could have said he isn't crawling...that is definitely a challenge. Oh, well. Looking forward to next week.

Then after class, Stacey and Dillon came over to drop off some fun toys that Dillon had outgrown. Score! Finn got a "Flintstones" type Fischer Price car where you use your legs to go forward, an art desk and a puppet show stand! I can't wait until he is old enough to use them. They stayed for a little while and, as always, it was great to catch up.

Thursday we had a play date with our favorite twins. As usual we had a great time. I love these pictures because they are like a flip book:

Finn with his bottle. Juliette grabbing it. Finn grabbing it back. And Juliette finally getting her turn! And they weren't even mad with each other. They just took turns taking it from each other! You gotta love that. This is one of the many reasons why I love going over there so Finn gets interactions with kids his own age. Hey, he needs to learn how to stick up for himself!

Then we got home, got ready and headed out again over to Auntie Becca's house for dinner! Like, I said, we've been super busy. Becky made a yummy dinner and Austin and Finn got lots of play time. It was very relaxing and both Finn and I had a great time. We didn't get home until around 8:30, well after Finn's bed time, but he was fine and I just changed him and put him to bed.

Today we went over to Jaleah's house. I met her mom, Rebecca, online because both Jaleah and Finn were preemies and born very close to each other (Project Mommyhood blog on our blog list). Jaleah has the bubbliest smile ever and just loved me the second I walked it (who could resist?!?!). Rebecca also watches a little boy, Blake, who is two weeks younger than Finn's adjusted age. Finn looks like he is being attacked in this picture. I love it. Finn was a little crabby, but other than that the play date was a huge success. It is nice to talk to other mom's of preemies. You have a common bond that others don't fully understand. Hope we can do it again soon!

No comments: