Counters

                                                           Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Nearly half a million babies (1 in 10) are born premature in the US each year which is higher than that of most other developed nations. This is the journeys of our first born son, Finnegan, who was born 14 weeks early and weighed only 1 pound 15 ounces at birth. Of our daugher, Korrigan, who was born a healthy 7 pounds, 7 ounces at 37 weeks. And of our second son, MacKeegan, who was also born at 37 weeks at a whopping 8 pounds, 13 ounces. Our continued adventures reminds us daily how good God is.

Thursday, March 18

Finnegans is good!

Becky, Pete, Austin, Jim, Finn and I went to Shaw's for dinner to celebrate St. Patrick's Day last night. We (the adults) all had Finnegans beer in honor of our little Irish boy. I don't know, might have to become a tradition! It is good beer, too. I had the corned beef and cabbage, a first for me. I can't believe I've never had it before, especially since I LIVED in Ireland! It was good, a little bland, but then again, most traditional Irish food is a little bland. I thought the cabbage could have use a splash of vinegar or something to brighten it up a little bit. I wish I had thought ahead and gotten little hats for Austin and Finn or something since we were out. Oh, well. There's always next year.

Today we had PT, which did NOT go well. Finn is getting over his respiratory problems but other than coughing and a snotty nose, he seemed to be happy, so I didn't reschedule. Probably a mistake. As soon as we got back there, he started crying and pretty much didn't stop until he was in the carseat and we were headed out to the car! I felt bad for him and Katie! She worked with him as much as she could. We tried these biker shorts-type things that make his legs stay together so he can't spread out like a frog like he normally does. He didn't like them, but I'd be interested to see if they would have a long term impact if we got him a pair. It helps develop his core muscles and makes him balance, since his legs aren't out there doing it for him. I actually remembered the video camera and taped him "walking" and crying on the treadmill. BUT I can't figure out how to download it from the camera and I don't think I have the software I need on this computer. Argh! I was hoping to post it today. Katie also told us she is moving to the St. Paul location. I'm bummed because we really like her and she has worked with Finn since day 1.

No comments: